Campbeltown distillery stood on the westside of the cossroads of Longrow St. and Lochend St. Barnard saids that it opened in 1815 but Townsend writes that it was established in 1817 in his writings. It was established by John MacTaggart but the owner changed several times and the distillery was closed in 1924. Itfs now used as a Ford dealer shop. This area was crowded with four distilleries including Springbank distillery.
COPYRIGHT©2004 Pub Mahorobi. All rights reserved